REVIEW: Haglofs Roc Sheer GTX Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 14 Nov 2023

Lightweight and well-cut for climbing and scrambling, this is a perfect just-in-case shell to live in the bottom of your bag, says Tom Ripley. But it's pretty decent when you get it on, too.

Read more

TobyA 14 Nov 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Hi Tom - it's interesting that you found this this jacket 'as breathable as any other breathable jacket' you have used recently. UKC will soon publish my review of the Rab Latok Paclite and I've found very similar. Rab have actually published (I think) their own RET values for the different goretexes, and they're are not very surprising - Goretex Pro is the most breathable, and Goretex Paclite in the "very breathable" category, not as good as Pro. But in real life terms I'm not sure if I've worked out a difference between the two. With Paclite being the same hydrostatic head as Pro and so much cheaper, it looks like rather good value!

In reply to TobyA:

I agree - it’s really hard to tell the difference in real life. 

I was going to say that this fabric seem less durable than Gore-Pro, but I don’t think that’s quite fair, or if it is I can’t back it up. However I think the backer is more fragile, and I’ve manage to make a small hole in the jacket from the inside.

TobyA 15 Nov 2023
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

> However I think the backer is more fragile, and I’ve manage to make a small hole in the jacket from the inside.

I've got a Berghaus pretty cheap paclite from a review a couple of years ago, I haven't used it loads but it is still in very good shape inside and out. For the same review I also used a Mtn Hardware lightweight waterproof that also was "2.5 layer" but non gtx fabric, that definitely got a few tiny spots of damage on the inside. So far with the Rab Paclite that I've used a reasonable amount, no signs of any damage on the inside, so while Paclite must be more delicate inside, it seems less delicate than some other '2.5 layer' fabrics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...