Flat/ house wanted in Edinburgh

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alex goodall (user since 11/Apr/15) 09 Oct 2023
Thread moved from Off Belay to For Sale/Wanted

Hello,

Just on the off chance any UKCers have a flat or house available to rent in Edinburgh get in touch.

Looking for 2 bed, £1200-1600 to start mid November. The rental market seems a bit mad right now and struggling to get a place from my current house in Sheffield.

Thanks
Alex

CameronDuff14 10 Oct 2023
In reply to alex goodall:

Good luck man! I know students who've been looking for literally more than 18 months now with no luck.

If you're really needing to move I'd also consider places nearby with good public transport into the city (somewhere in Fife near the bridges, West Lothian, etc.)

Garethza 10 Oct 2023

There is plenty to go at that price? Over 100 results on rightmove so im not sure what the problem is? For that price you can get a pretty decent flat as they usually average around £1000ish I think. 

OP alex goodall 10 Oct 2023

There's plenty on Rightmove. The trouble is the estate agents said they get approximately 100 people going for each one.

I'm continuing to search through the normal routes but thought I'd reach out on UKC in case!

Garethza 10 Oct 2023

Yes that is usually the case in the popular areas but not so much a little bit further out of the city centre in the more suburban areas. I would suggest coming up for one or two days and just booking loads of viewings in that time so you can act on it immediately. Thats what I did when we moved up here. The flat I ended up taking had only one other person enquiring about it as it wasnt in one of the trendy areas ie. bruntfields/morninside/stockbridge/leith so if you avoid those types of areas you should be in with a chance! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...