Edelrid swift protect pro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aled Williams 22 Jul 2023

I was looking at getting a pair of edelrid swift protect Pro ropes as the cut resistance sounds good. I currently own the edelrid canarys and they've been super tough ! 

Descending a route a few days ago I got talking to a chap with the swift protect pro and he said they weren't particularly durable and his ropes looked fluffier than mine after only a year of use 

Has anyone had experience with these ropes and how they stack up in terms of durability against other ropes ? 

timparkin 23 Jul 2023
In reply to Aled Williams:

Might be worth asking Robbie Philips as he's been using them extensively. They do have quite a bit higher impact forces compared to 'normal' ropes but that's obviously a trade off and only of real concern if you're using margincal and essential gear. 

Tim

MischaHY 23 Jul 2023
In reply to Aled Williams:

If you only use them as doubles then you're better getting the Starling Protect. Considerably lighter and less friction in belay device etc. Swift is a great single but if I wanted to use triple rated for everything I would buy a pair of Canaries. Just used Canaries for a month in Lofoten and they stayed in great shape getting wragged up various massive granite walls. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...