Motorbikes - trade plate/tyres?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

A quick web search suggests motorbike trade plates are a thing, which I had never given any thought to and certainly never seen before, but didn’t find any real details online (probably not unsurprisingly given they could be printed).

Just interested - a motorbike passed me today and had a square sticker over the rear plate. It was at an angle as if just quickly stuck on and had (iirc) 2 letters at the top and some numbers (maybe 3 or 4) on a line below in red, with a red indented border, on an otherwise white background. Likely to be a bike trade plate?

Another question whilst posting. I read in an article that motorbike all season tyres last an expected  3500 miles. Is this the norm? I appreciate it will be hugely variable if like car tyres and how the cars are being driven!

TIA.

jimtitt 20 Jul 2023
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

7-10,000 km would be normal for a winter/adventure bike tyre but it can be much, much lower. The approved tyres for a 450 KTM are looking pretty sad after 1000km and a Metzeler MC360 I tried wears 1.5mm per 100km if I'm going for it on a tarred road but that is the extreme end. Not many people actually ride in the snow so the rules on winter tyres are kinda vague.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...