Mull mustelid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JCurrie 19 Jul 2023

Wildlife seems to be happy to come to the observer here. In addition to the eagle/kestrel aerobatics of yesterday we’ve have had two sightings of sea eagles - one swooping for a fish, the other patrolling at eye level no more than 20m away; an otter that was totally oblivious to our presence despite being no more than 30m away; and today I had a mink come to within 2m before it changed its mind. I was so surprised it took me a while before I remembered I had my camera. Sadly, it had my shorter lens attached so the shots aren’t quite up to scratch. First is a crop from an 80mm eq and the second is an uncropped 28mm, if it uploads at high enough res you might make out the head and shadow level with my left thigh. Bonus shots of swallow and chaffinch at the Glengorm Castle cafe.

Bottom Clinger 19 Jul 2023
In reply to JCurrie:

Great stuff. Love the mink head shadow photo!  Cute animals but a total nightmare really. Not their fault. 

OP JCurrie 19 Jul 2023
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

The rhododendron of the animal kingdom, although sadly quite a bit faster at destruction. And stinking! Even with my poor sense of smell I was glad to see the back of it.

Lankyman 19 Jul 2023
In reply to JCurrie:

A few years ago we watched a mink in the River Clough near Sedbergh. It darted in and out of crevices in the rocks then jumped into the river and body surfed downstream. It seemed unstoppable and heaven help anything it could get hold of.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...