Climbing shorts for super skinny legs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sabostar 15 Jun 2023

Aside from buying some cheap stretch fit shorts from the high-street (not the best under a harness), does anyone have any suggestions for climbing shorts for a guy with super skinny legs?

Most of the ones I've seen will look like I'm wearing bin liners on my legs....

mutt 15 Jun 2023
In reply to sabostar:

I favour cycling over shorts, they are close cut to prevent drag but not tight and contain lycra so that I'm not restricted in movement when bouldering. Mine a made by fox.

OP sabostar 15 Jun 2023
In reply to mutt:

I'll have a look, thanks.

Dave Todd 15 Jun 2023
In reply to sabostar:

I'm a skinny geezer (29" waist) and I love the Decathlon (Simond) Vertika shorts and the 3/4 lengths.  Also the Vertika stretch climbing jeans are great.  Cheap as chips, great fit and great quality (IMHO...)

DizzyVizion 15 Jun 2023
In reply to sabostar:

Mountain Equipment 'Comici' shorts suit my skinny legs very well. Close fitting with nice stretchy material.

Currently on sale at Nevisport for £45

https://www.nevisport.com/mountain-equipment-mens-comici-shorts?gclid=Cj0KC...

OP sabostar 16 Jun 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

Thanks Dizzy, they look ideal. To compare our levels of skinny, my thigh circumference is around 43cm midway between my knee and my groin, when standing. How does that compare to your thigh if that's not too personal a question!

Robert Durran 16 Jun 2023
In reply to sabostar:

Pyjama shorts from your local supermarket. Almost disposably cheap if you soil them badly and with no pockets to catch your krabs on. 

OP sabostar 16 Jun 2023
In reply to Dave Todd:

Thanks Dave.

DizzyVizion 16 Jun 2023
In reply to sabostar:

Not at all. I'm about 47.5 cm and I would describe the fit on me as 'neat'. Not skin-tight, but just a very nice fit.

Post edited at 09:26
 doz 16 Jun 2023
In reply to Robert Durran:

Do you often soil your shorts when climbing??

Robert Durran 16 Jun 2023
In reply to doz:

> Do you often soil your shorts when climbing??

Well they can certainly be pretty foul by the end of a long scummy climbing trip.

OP sabostar 16 Jun 2023
In reply to doz:

I let the crag gulls soil them for me.

jwi 17 Jun 2023
In reply to sabostar:

Running shorts. They are light as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...