How long does it take to hike Poon Hill?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wishers Tech 15 Jun 2023

Can I know about the facilities like accommodation and the cost to get there?

mike123 15 Jun 2023
In reply to Wishers Tech: I’ve been 23 times . It takes roughly about 17 years and usd 40,000 per day . 

ALF_BELF 15 Jun 2023
In reply to Wishers Tech:

I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich on my way to poon hill. Fancied something different to dal bhat after a day of trekking with food poisoning. 

Anyway, it was steamed not grilled. Wet bread. Not cool. Peanut sadeko salad was good though. 

Accommodation = Loads

From Pokhara , I think it’s 2, 3 days but I can’t remember really. Just wanted to mention my wet bread 🙂

DaveHK 15 Jun 2023

> Can I know about the facilities like accommodation and the cost to get there?

Yes, you can.

G. Tiger, Esq. 15 Jun 2023

I got thrown out of every hotel in ghorepani (below Poon Hill) on millennium eve. Saw the sunrise from the summit with a brutal hangover on the 1st of Jan. I have never known such existential dread.

GTE

ALF_BELF 15 Jun 2023
In reply to G. Tiger, Esq.:

Played pool in Ghorepani , every shot I made was a foul and didnt count apparently. Gotta respect local pool laws though.

Getting a pool table up there is a monumental feat !

profitofdoom 15 Jun 2023

> .....facilities like accommodation.....

Accommodation? Ritz Hotel, Piccadilly, London, then commute. I know that is slumming it, but we all have to make sacrifices 

Andy Hardy 15 Jun 2023
In reply to Thread:

Is this the backpackers equivalent of "Mornington Crescent"? In which case, my play would be Charles de Gaulle, terminal 5 (assuming the peripherique is out of bounds)

Andy Johnson 15 Jun 2023

One does not simply hike Poon Hill

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...