Rockover Manchester, check open before going

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 16 Aug 2018

Please note that at present, 10:30 Thursday, Rockover is not open.

I turned up at just past 10 this morning to find that the fire yesterday was in the building next door which is currently being demolished.

I have no idea when it will be open again, could be tonight, could be ages. There were no staff about, the PC said that it wasn't involved in the fire but that the fire brigade were using it for access.

Presumably the fire brigade need to give the all clear before they can reopen.

Please don't travel a long way before checking.

There is a thread noting the fire in the Walls and training forum but I've posted in Rocktalk to reach the widest audience.

Post edited at 10:36
 planetmarshall 16 Aug 2018
In reply to Michael Hood:

Posted this morning:

"We're going to be closed for the next 2 days.

This is due to the recent fire on Southall Street. Unfortunately the building next door to us was badly affected by the fire and is currently being demolished.

Rock Over Climbing has been unaffected by the fire itself, but as the damaged building is so close we've been asked to stay closed until the building is taken down.

We'll be posting regular updates through social media and will hopefully be able to let you all know when we're reopening later today."

https://www.facebook.com/RockOverClimbing/

planetmarshall 16 Aug 2018
In reply to Michael Hood:

Probably worth noting that The Depot has taken the overspill, and was absolutely rammed last night (Wednesday), It was so busy I assumed that there was an event of some kind on.

If you do head to The Depot I would recommend using public transport as parking was hard to find.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...