Re-soling Nepal Extremes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 09 Oct 2016
My Nepal Extremes are badly needing new soles. There are several companies claiming they can do Re-soling, any recommendations on good service, or ones to avoid?
 nniff 10 Oct 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

I've been looking at this too - any definitive answers welcome. I suppose the thing to do is call around and see which ones stock Sportiva sole units as it seems pointless to replace just the sole when the lip for a crampon bale is worn
 rossn 10 Oct 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

Don't know where you are based but I had my Nepal Tops resoled twice by Tiso. I got a new rand applied to the boot as well on one occasion and the boots felt like new. From memory it cost £70 or £80 quid. Well worth it. They did an excellent job.
cb294 10 Oct 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

The one thing to avoid is to have them sent to Italy for resoling. LS are notoriously crap at this, it will take forever, and chances are good they will come back ruined. I gave mine to resoling at the place where I bought them, and they sent them to LS as the midsole was also damaged around the front crampon lip. They came back with soles two different sizes, 5mm overhang on the right instep, and a big gap half filled with glue on the outside of the left boot. Similar things happened to the boots of several of my climbing partners.

Luckily the shop offered me a brand new pair of Nepal evos for just a bit more than the quoted price of the repair, but it is a risk not worth taking.

CB
 CurlyStevo 10 Oct 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

Feet first do this. Also they are the only people in the UK that will resole the mid part if you need that doing too.
 The Lemming 10 Oct 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

Feet First.

Had mine done twice over the years.

michaelmurray 10 Oct 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

+1 for Feet First.

Mine needed the bottom and mid sole replacing and they did a great job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...