Lairig Leacach Bothy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 telemarker 12 Sep 2016
Hello,

Is anyone able to tell me if the Lairig Leacach bothy at the base of Stob Ban has a working stove?

Cheers!
S.
 MG 12 Sep 2016
In reply to telemarker:

It didn't 20 years ago, if that helps!
 leon 1 12 Sep 2016
In reply to telemarker:
it has a fireplace, chimney and mice but no stove
Post edited at 17:38
 petestack 12 Sep 2016
In reply to leon 1:

It has a stove!
OP telemarker 12 Sep 2016
In reply to petestack:

Thanks guys, open fire place works for me as well.
 leon 1 12 Sep 2016
In reply to petestack: does it ? Didn't notice one last year Maybe I was distracted by mighty mouse racing laps around the place

petestack 12 Sep 2016
In reply to leon 1:

Sure it did at least last time I passed (a fortnight ago), with a small pile of fresh-split kindling/small stuff sitting right next to it. But can't confirm it works because I'm typically just passing by and have never stopped the night there.
 Andy Johnson 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

Funny looking bothy. Looks like half of it is missing.
 girlymonkey 13 Sep 2016
In reply to telemarker:

It was hideously damp inside last time I was there
In reply to telemarker:

The bothy has a working stove, repaired last year (after a short removal period)

leon 1 14 Sep 2016
In reply to richard marshall: Thank you for that. I dont feel quite so senile now knowing that the stove was removed for a while

Mal Grey 15 Sep 2016
In reply to telemarker:

Yep, its a reasonable stove. After having it going one winter trip for the better part of 2 evenings, it finally raised the inside temperature from 2c to 4c. Mind you, we had had to dig through snow and ice for water, it was pretty chilly. Unfortunately this defrosted the floor and, seemingly, the mice, who only came out on the second night but are extremely cheeky!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...