Jou de los Cabrones hut- Picos de Europa

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pyreneenemec 09 Aug 2016
Anyone used this hut recently ? Are the meals any good ? Any other useful tips ? I'm not usually one for ordering meals from the hut but there is a very long walk-in and a little less weight would be appreciated.

I've climbed a few times in the Picos but this would be a solo walking trip to climb Torre de Cerredo and have a look at the Cares gorge, with perhaps a night in Cain before returning to Poncebos. Thanks.

David Rose 09 Aug 2016
In reply to Pyreneenemec:
I haven't stayed at this hut, but Cain is a lovely village with some nice restaurants. On the other side of the gorge, it is well worth visiting the Vega de Ario, which has a great hut, and the high peaks around Pena Santa. There is a strenuous walk to Ario from near Cain, a well-marked path up the Canal de Trea. The views across the gorge from Ario are magnificent. You can easily walk up the first peak on the main ridge of the Western Massif, Jultayu, from Ario. This drops away sheer on the Cain side for about 800 metres.

Ario hut food is excellent. They have their own chickens and make their own bread.
Post edited at 18:29
OP Pyreneenemec 09 Aug 2016
In reply to David Rose:

Thank-you.

This is just a quick trip over a few days ( the Picos are about a 5 hour drive from here) I'll check out your recommendations at a later date !
 lordyosch 13 Aug 2016
In reply to Pyreneenemec:

It's a fairly small hut. I've only stayed in it out of season. Great location and the walk in via Bulnes and Picu Urriellu is great!

PS: David Rose, are you the "beneath the mountains" David Rose?
OP Pyreneenemec 16 Aug 2016
In reply to lordyosch:

Thank-you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...