Parking a Mamore Lodge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 23 Jun 2016
Can one still do this?

Ta.
 kwoods 23 Jun 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

Parked once there no problems. Parked another time (never the driver I should say ), got locked in at the end of the day, and had to go and ask at the cottage to let let out. Guy was ok about it. Maybe best not to chance it I reckon.
 petestack 23 Jun 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

New gates, new locks and new western entrance for the trucks for ongoing Loch Eilde Mòr hydro works. There's also a new gate *below* the parking at the old gate, but no locks on that last time I passed. Just going for a run that way right now, so will check, but I wouldn't risk taking a vehicle up now without arranging it first.
OP DaveHK 23 Jun 2016
In reply to petestack:
Cheers Pete, it's for my support crew on my RR this weekend. They'll be fine walking up from the toon.
Post edited at 18:35
 petestack 23 Jun 2016
In reply to DaveHK:
> Cheers Pete, it's for my support crew on my RR this weekend.

Thought so! Bottom gate's shut tonight, but still not got locks. Other two open, but top one lockable to bar the way and frequently locked these days.

> They'll be fine walking up from the toon.

Most direct route in would be the Loch Eilde path (aka Kennels or Red Trail) from the Grey Mare's carpark. Which I'd suggest in preference to starting from foot of Mamore Lodge road anyway unless cycling.

http://www.petestack.com/running/kinlochleven.html
Post edited at 19:42
OP DaveHK 23 Jun 2016
In reply to petestack:

Ta.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...