Recommendations for a B1 or B0 boot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 19 Jun 2016

Hi

I'm after recommendations for a B1 or B0 boot. Something super comfy for long walking days.

I've had the Salomon Quest 4D before and found them perfect, apart from they leaked like a sieve. Something that keeps the water out would be good

Also had Scarpa SLs which are far too clumpy and warm (I'm after more of a summer boot) and the Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid GTX, which is super uncomfy over distance as has very little cushioning (great for scrambling though, but that's not what I need these boots for).

Cheers in advance,

Si
Post edited at 10:56
 PPP 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Si Withington:

You don't need a B1 boot for summer...

Go to a shop and get something that fits your feet. They all do pretty much the same job. I got Adidas Terrex Scope High for under 80 quid. They work like a charm. The Adidas now owns Five Ten and quite few other companies anyway, so their outdoor line (Terrex) quality is great.
OP Si Withington 19 Jun 2016
In reply to PPP:

Ta for that.

B1 or 0 will be fine.

Si
 PPP 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Si Withington:

Like you, I had Scarpa SLs as "all rounder" boot. Walking the West Highland Way (96 miles) in 3 days in them was a torture.
OP Si Withington 19 Jun 2016
In reply to PPP:

Yeah. They're a great boot for slogging through mud in cooler conditions, but if you're used to something a bit more technical in fit, they're awful. Each to their own etc etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...