Advice on selling a sit on mower

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Philip 25 May 2016
It's not exactly something you can eBay with Buyer Collects. Any tips on selling a lawn tractor. I was hoping the mower shop would flog it for me, but they pass them all on to some bloke, so that's two more slices of the pie.

The chap who collected it for the service reckoned I'd get £800, which would be nice, but his shop won't part ex things for more than the new item - they wanted to sell me a £1000 self propelled mower, I only want a £400 model. I've reduced the lawns to less than half the grass the previous owner had, a self propelled is all my gardener uses.

If anyone knows anyone in Staffs/Derbyshire who deals in 2nd hand mowers let me know.
 Reach>Talent 26 May 2016
In reply to Philip:
My parents managed to sell through adverts in the local paper, buyer collects. Presumably if you have enough space for a ride on then you also own a trailer? A couple of scaffold boards make loading it a lot easier as lifting them is not a fun job.
 Siward 26 May 2016
In reply to Philip:

I'd say it is exactly the sort of thing you could sell on ebay with buyer collects.

Allow inspections, be scrupulously honest in your description with lots of good quality photos and make it clear there are no guarantees.

I bought a car from ebay no trouble.
Ferret 26 May 2016
In reply to Philip:

Yeh - ebay - if nothing else, the 'bloke' your mower shop would sell it to might buy it direct from you.... There will be plenty of folk with a bit of land and a trailer (or mate with trailer), plus all the commercial types looking for something to do up and sell on.
 cander 26 May 2016
In reply to Philip:

Try Facebook. Up here in Cumbria we have a Cumbria agricultural sell and seek, we also have a Carlisle for sale and wanted group - I'm sure there will be the same in other parts of the country. The agriculture group is good as most of the members will have trailers and pickups.
 graeme jackson 26 May 2016
In reply to Philip:

usually quite a lot of these on Gumtree.
OP Philip 26 May 2016
In reply to All.

Thanks. I'll try eBay and the local sites.

I don't have a trailer, but if the buyer were local I could split the cost of a service and let them deliver back to new owner.
Ferret 27 May 2016
In reply to Philip:

That could be a very very good solution for any cheap buyers trying to find a bargain but without means of transporting it themselves..... Chuck as many options and ideas on the advert as you can and open yourself to sensible conversation with interested folks....
 nniff 27 May 2016
In reply to Philip:

Don't judge others by yourself. I sold a bike rack on ebay and was resigned to having to pack it up and courier it. The bloke who bought it paid more for it than I did new, and then drove a full lap of the M25 in a van to pick it up.

Each to their own

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...