Massive Climbing Shoes Wanted!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
zammi 16 Apr 2016
Hi. My son has huge feet - size 14 or 15 and I'm wondering if anyone has an old pair of climbing shoes he could have? He might not be climbing for very long so I don't want to shell out loads on a new pair. So if anyone has a pair with a bit of life in them that would be grand. Cheers! X
 WildCamper 16 Apr 2016
In reply to zammi:

Shoes in that size are often on sale with massive reductions - check places like Rock + Run or Ebay
zammi 17 Apr 2016
In reply to WildCamper:

Hi. I've tried that but no luck yet!
 Anth 17 Apr 2016
In reply to zammi:

Look for Boreal Jokers or Boreal Silex. They seem to be the only shoes at that size, much to my personal irritation.
 t_hume 17 Apr 2016
In reply to zammi:

Have you tried your local wall? They will most likely have large sizes amongst their hire shoes and perhaps could sell you a pair.

Red Chilli Session's go up to a 15 but I think they only get sold direct to climbing walls.
Evolve do a pair but I can't remember the model name.

If you get desperate/decide to spend a bit more I would try 5.10 as some of their range seems to be available in larger sizes more often than other brands.
 timjones 17 Apr 2016
In reply to Anth:

> Look for Boreal Jokers or Boreal Silex. They seem to be the only shoes at that size, much to my personal irritation.

IME Jokers may be labeled that size but their fit is not to generous

The La Sportiva Mythos is about the most realistically sized shoe that I have found.

Ysgo 18 Apr 2016
In reply to Anth:

Scarpa do the new Helix in a 49 & 50 (13ish & 14)
 Anth 19 Apr 2016
In reply to timjones:

Having very large (15/EU51), very wide, very flat feet, the Jokers seemed to fit ok. The Silex (and this could just be new shoe syndrome) fit a bit better though.

It looks like the Sessions are available on Bergfreunde.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...