Insurance for Nepal - Ama Dablam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chem_j 14 Jan 2016
Hi,
I'm trying to decide on insurance for Ama Dablam. Does anyone have any recommendations? It seems to come down to the BMC though they have a £500 excess on helicopter rescue in Nepal and £250 on flights from Lukla and I have to apply for a quote, Dogtag who are the cheapest but their coverage is slightly lower and may or may not include personal accident depending on how you classify the sport, or Snowcard who are looking for £500. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice?
Thanks!
 Tom Briggs 14 Jan 2016
In reply to chem_j:

You might want to look at Dogtag's Max Extreme policy:

https://www.dogtag.com/
OP chem_j 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Tom Briggs:

Thanks Tom. I was looking at that but when you read the small print it says it excludes personal accident and liability for rock climbing. It doesn't mention it for mountaineering though so I don't know where I would stand if I had to make a claim. Do you have any idea how they would look at it?
 Tom Briggs 14 Jan 2016
In reply to chem_j:

I don't know, but if you're a member of the BMC you'd be covered for that.

We have an increasing number of clients using Dogtag, as they are less expensive.

I've heard some good feedback as well when people have had to make a claim.

OP chem_j 15 Jan 2016
In reply to Tom Briggs:

Thanks Tom. That's very helpful.
Bserk 17 Jan 2016
In reply to chem_j:
Have you looked into Global Rescue? At least they can get you out of anywhere....the rest should be covered by dogtag etc...
Post edited at 09:21
 kevnet 18 Jan 2016
In reply to chem_j:

i was helicoptered out last year off Ama Dablam yast year, i was insured with dog tag, they paid out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...