Scotland!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ROSP 12 Jan 2016
Hi all, I'm a competent offpiste skier but have no knowledge of ski touring equipment. I'm thinking about heading up to Scotland next week. Does anyone have any advice or resorts or skiing in Scotland in general? Im traveling from Wales, so essentially, is it worth the 8 hour drive? Cheers!
outdoorsperson 12 Jan 2016
In reply to ross_spours:

I have plans to visit the glenshee area next week and will hopefully get some ski tours under my belt. would welcome company if you are over that side.
James Jackson 12 Jan 2016
In reply to ross_spours:

Nevis Range, Glenshee, Glencoe and Cairngorm all have some stuff open - there's going to be intermittent snow between now and the weekend with a low freezing level, so it will stay for the weekend. There's actually loads of snow around at the moment, but it's been blown all over the place. Touring conditions are pretty good - loads of people out (and great snow to be found for the downhill bits!). Forecast is pretty good (if windy) for the weekend at the moment too.

You can find the ski centres on Facebook / Google easily enough. If venturing off-piste, the SAIS are your friend: http://www.sais.gov.uk/
 jpicksley 14 Jan 2016
In reply to ross_spours:
The Cairngorms are great at the moment. Mountain Spirit in Aviemore hire kit and are helpful. Will be busy at the weekend as the conditions are so good and the forecast is looking ok so it might be worth reserving kit.
Post edited at 08:43

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...