Sleeping Bag Recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisNaylor 01 Jan 2016

I'm looking to get myself a decent 4 season sleeping bag (budget permitting) and I've narrowed it down to two, does anyone know of any better deals or have any preference on the two below:

Mammut Sphere UL 750 || http://www.rockrun.com/mammut-sphere-ul-winter

Rab Ascent 900 || http://www.joe-brown.com/15336/products/rab-ascent-900-down-sleeping-bag.as...

Will be using it for sleeping up high, bivvying on climbs and camping in Scotland this winter (hopefully) .. I feel as though I should just get myself the mammut bag but maybe someone else has another idea?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Post edited at 13:32
 Mountain Llama 01 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisNaylor:

Hi Chris

Just a thought, both bags are down filled. So your going to have to be very careful to keep them dry during your Scottish winter trips.

Cheers Davey
OP ChrisNaylor 01 Jan 2016
In reply to Mountain Llama:
I've got a black diamond twilight bivvy which i can use the bag in when in Scotland, its pretty breathable!

I should say i will be inside a tent!
Post edited at 13:44
OP ChrisNaylor 01 Jan 2016

Impatiently I crumbled and bought the mammut bag, Rock+Run compared it to the Rab neutrino range, I've used a rab neutrino 600 for the past 2 seasons and thats been brilliant so fingers crossed the mammut bag is as good if not better!

N.B if anyones in the market for a new sleeping bag the Mammut Sphere UL Winter is down from 475 to 199 on Rock+Run, just follow the link I posted above! Joe browns have about £90 off the rab bag down from 250 for 165 as well
Post edited at 14:34
 Pedro 03 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisNaylor:

Well chosen. My Ajunglak expedion duvet jacket is the best I'm sure you will be very pleased. Also I think its lighter than the Rab you were comparing it with which is good!
 top cat 04 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisNaylor:

Mountain hardware do a series that have a waterproof breathable outer [Spectre, Banshee, Ghost etc] with welded seams so no stitch lines. Good but expensive. I have a Spectre and Ghost which replaced my ME down bags.
 ScottTalbot 04 Jan 2016
In reply to Pedro:

What happened to Ajunglak? I still have a 3 season bag, which has has lasted me forever! But you don't see them around anymore!?!
 planetmarshall 04 Jan 2016
In reply to ScottTalbot:

> What happened to Ajunglak?

They were purchased by Mammut.
OP ChrisNaylor 04 Jan 2016
In reply to ScottTalbot:

The one I've bought is branded Ajunglak so that sounds promising.. hopefully it will last me forever!
 ScottTalbot 04 Jan 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

Ah! I'll be looking at Mammut for a 4 season then. Thanks for the info.
OP ChrisNaylor 05 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisNaylor:

Sleeping bag arrived today and it looks like a whole lot of bag for the price, definitely lives up to being UL! Will try and get a review on my blog in the next month if anyone's interested
 r1ch79 11 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisNaylor:

Decent bag

I bought one a day or so before new year and it arrived last week

Went to wales this weekend and pitched up in Gof Isaf at the foot of Tryffan and slept well enough on just a foam roll mat.... Not sure what the temp was officially but there was piles of ice/snow at the base of my tent in the morning, my choccy bar was proper solid and the peaks all around were well dusted.......
 ScottTalbot 11 Jan 2016
In reply to wannabeagoat:

Slept well enough? Not a glowing revue haha! £199 is very tempting though! I was thinking of going synthetic, but at that price, I'm starting to waver...
OP ChrisNaylor 14 Jan 2016
In reply to ScottTalbot:

I was very tempted to go synthetic but decided to take the plunge, off up to the lakes tomorrow for the next week or so. Guess I'll see if its as good as it looks!
 Snelly55 18 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisNaylor:

Looks like the Mammut are now sold out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...