Mammut Genesis Half Rope (8.5mm Ø x 60m)?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john_mx 28 Dec 2015
Hello, looking on buying Mammut Genesis Half Rope (8.5mm Ø x 60m) for winter climbing, what do you think?

Thank you.
 Hugh Simons 29 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

I've had those ropes for nearly 2 years and they've been great, for both summer and winter climbing. They're not the thinnest, but I find they tangle a lot less than thinner Mammut and Beal ropes that my friends have. They have a half way marker too which some other halves don't (for some strange reason!) which I find very useful for coiling and judging pitch lengths. The dry treating on them seems to have held up really well too despite getting quite a lot of use over the past 2 years. Highly recommend them, I've certainly been pleased with mine!
 rgold 29 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

I'm on my third or fourth set. They don't wear out---I've retired the older ones because it seemed like it should be time. 8.5mm is the perfect "workhorse" diameter, and I agree they tangle less than the 8.0's I've dealt with.
 Michael Gordon 29 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

brilliant ropes
 gd303uk 29 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

Hi John ,
check out the Mammut Phoenix ropes, they are excellent twin & half ropes .

G
 UKC Forums 29 Dec 2015
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...