Christmas Cheer Restored!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Just a nice tale to remind us that there are good people out there. Got home last night to find my phone no longer in my pocket. Best guess is I put it in my jacket pocket rather than my trousers before cycling home, and it bounced out somewhere. To make things worse, it had my cash cards and work entry card, along with £20 in the case.

Much 'what the &%^* am I going to do over xmas and new year' along with stomping around, grumbling and general hatred of the world ensued until I get a message on facebook from a local bar. Someones found my phone, seen a membership card for the pub in it, contacted the pub and left her number.

Called her up, phone is smashed up but cards etc are all there and she refused to keep the £20. Even tried to take an hour out of work to bring it to me! Needless to say I took a bunch of flowers with me when I went to go collect it from her.

Anyone else got any festive tales of cheer?

Merry Christmas!
 graeme jackson 22 Dec 2015
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr:

it's a nice heartwarming story but I'm intrigued about the whole 'membership card for the pub' thing. Do you get a discount on beer or something?
In reply to graeme jackson:

Yup, it takes drinks from stupidly expensive to just expensive!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...