mountain equipment comici pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Michael MacArthur 04 Oct 2015
Hi, am looking a getting a decent pai of trousers to climb in and have narrowed it down to 2 pairs, mountain equipment comici or the hope pants, does any body have any reviews on either

thanks
 galpinos 05 Oct 2015
In reply to Michael MacArthur:
I don’t have the hope pants but have a pair of the comici in the rather dashing “lava” colourway. In a word, they’re brill. Extremely light*, great cut, slightly stretchy, my new “wear for everything” trousers. I bought them specifically for “mountain trad” as I generally wear thick cotton trousers for bouldering and cragging as they can take the abuse but I’ve worn them for cragging the last two weekends as they are some comfy. I cut quite a dash when I pair them with a “citronelle” Squall jacket.

*They are so light I’d assumed they would be quite cold but they’re ideal for spring to autumn mountain routes in the UK, they cut out the wind really well.

Edit: Forgot to mention my only complaint is there is no belt, a thin built in webbing belt would be ideal.
Post edited at 15:59
 alan.rodger 06 Oct 2015
In reply to galpinos:

Totally agree and it's easy to fit your own webbing belt e.g. from sports direct.
Michael MacArthur 11 Oct 2015

Thanks people will prob go for the comicis then.
Michael MacArthur 11 Oct 2015

does anybody recommend any other trousers?
Post edited at 19:11
 Martin Bennett 12 Oct 2015

For cooler UK climbing days or Alpine rock climbing I swear by Mountain Equipment Ibex trousers. Stretchy and pretty windproof. For warm weather climbing I use Outdoor Research Ferrosi - light and stretchy making them really comfortable. I have several pairs of each, in various states of repair from practically worn out to altogether unused.
 joe.wahab 15 Oct 2015

Ronhill classic GT tracksters!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...