Beginner Ice Climber Courses N. Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ms26g10 17 Sep 2015

Hi,

I'll keep this brief, I'm looking at giving this a try, I want to go climbing in North Wales as I live near Wrexham, what are the typical dates that it's good / is there any recorded data on where has been decent last year etc? I'm looking at getting onto a beginner course if anyone knows of a descent one that would be really helpful.

Cheers

Matt
Post edited at 18:27
 ericinbristol 17 Sep 2015
In reply to ms26g10:

It is extremely unreliable and fickle. I recommend getting yourself to France, Norway, Italy etc
jimbo2495 17 Sep 2015
In reply to ms26g10:

Hello Matt , try Glenmore lodge in Scotland ,jan to Feb
 Misha 17 Sep 2015
In reply to ms26g10:
If you know some experienced people who would be willing to take you, just hang around till the conditions are right, any time from December to mid March but blink and you'll miss it!

Rampikino 17 Sep 2015
In reply to ms26g10:

I'm another Mat that lives near Wrexham. Drop me a message and we can discuss options for this winter.

Pewtle 18 Sep 2015
In reply to Rampikino:

I'd be interested to see what you come up with - I'm looking at getting started doing some winter stuff too (work in Chester but live in the NW).
 Trevers 25 Sep 2015
In reply to ms26g10:

Welsh winter can be fickle, it's not unknown for the Plas y Brenin courses to run without snow. If you go to Scotland you'll at least be guaranteed snow, although it might not be nice snow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...