inverness to fort william

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 illepo 07 Sep 2015
Can anyone confirm for me that after cycling to fort william from inverness that we should be able to get some sort of public transport, with the bike, back to inverness?

thanks

F
 Mr Trebus 07 Sep 2015
In reply to illepo:

There is a city link coach service. Not sure about their policy on bikes though.
 malky_c 07 Sep 2015
In reply to Mr Trebus:

If your bike is in a bag, they will take it as hold luggage. Never tried myself, as it seems like too much hassle.

Alternatively you could take the train from Fort William to Tulloch, cycle the 27 miles to Dalwhinnie then take the train from there to Inverness. Not that this is any less hassle, but it is a nice ride.
OP illepo 07 Sep 2015
In reply to malky_c:

The tulloch route sounds great, there's a replacement bus service for Dalwhinnie to inverness however, so same problem as above. Have emailed customer service however and if they say i can take the bikes on the bus then it's a go.

thanks
Jim C 07 Sep 2015
In reply to Mr Trebus:

Yep, I am just back from cycling in Orkney and Shetland, I tried to get my bike on a coach from Aberdeen (haveing taken the Ferry from Lerwick) and theyb said I needed a Bag or a box ! (not something I had with me as I was Bodding. )

After quite a bit of hassle, I got my bike booked on a train instead.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...