4 Season walking boots?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 31 Jul 2015
Can anyone suggest winter walking boots (hopefully under £100?) that will take a walking crampon and usable with snow shoes (no climbing).

Going snow shoeing and winter walking in eastern Europe and want to get a new pair of boots for the trip (want them now so I can break them in).

Currently from a climbing perspective I use a pair of B3 Scarpa Cerro Torro (13 years old but still going strong) just too heavy and over kill for this trip. Probably the most comfortable mountain boots I have ever owned why I wont change them until they fall apart.

From a walking perspective my 3/4 season boots are Scarpa SL's comfortable for short walks but just too heavy and chunky from a walking perspective. If it's a long day I don't like wearing them, I also find that they don't support the ankle that well if on steep ground even for short periods of time or with very occasional crampon use when walking (no climbing).

So can anyone suggest a lightweight, comfortable 3/4 season walking boot?
 Jamie Hageman 04 Aug 2015
In reply to Alan M:

Hi Alan, Sports Direct has some good deals at the mo - Mammut Eisfeld boots (B1) for £95, or Mammut Magic boots, also B1 rated £70. They've also got Sportiva, Salewa and Lowa boots, some at very good prices.
I'm sure you'll find something good there.
Jamie
OP Alan M 05 Aug 2015
In reply to Jamie Hageman:

Thanks, will take a look in Sports Direct at the weekend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...