Guide recommendations - Scottish safety and touring

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 r.king 28 Jul 2015
Hi there,

I am looking to organise a couple of snow safety days and intro to touring days next season and in need of some recommendations of who to contact.

Ideally the person would;

Hold guiding or MIC quals.
Be a keen skier/snowboarder.
Have experience engaging with teenagers in delivering educational yet fun days.

Have a few ideas myself but keen to hear other recommendations.

Cheers,
Rob

Hyphin 28 Jul 2015
In reply to r.king:

Euan and the rest of the guys at

http://www.climbnow.co.uk

Been out with them, Euan and Martin (Wilf), a few times; very professional, good company and always felt safe and secure.
Calski 28 Jul 2015
In reply to r.king:
Depends what you're looking for - mainly mountain safety then a Guide or MIC (plus relevant touring award) will probably be your best bet:
- Di Gilbert, Heather Morning, Richard Bently: all freelance (I think!)
- John Jackson: runs the outdoors activities side of Falkirk Community Trust and leads lots of ski trips. There will be plenty others...

If you're mainly looking for ski technique with some additional mountain skills, then Off Piste Performance is very good.

If you're organising this for a club, the MCofS runs a two day course for those who 'lead' club trips...
 summo 28 Jul 2015
In reply to r.king:

West coast mountaineering,now merged or absorbed apple mtn.eering.. would cover your needs.
OP r.king 28 Jul 2015
In reply to Calski:

Thanks Calski.

I think you covered what I was looking for and mentioned a couple names that have come up before.

It will be for clubs and those involved with performance skiing already but with limited experience beyond the lifts. I saw the MCofS course but looking for a professional lead day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...