Black Diamond X4's (aka THAT thread on Mountain Project)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 07 Jul 2015

Can anyone make a good summation of what was going on in that MP thread about X4 failures?

I currently have C4's 0.4-3, and a C3 2 but my 0.4 is a bit worse for wear.

Should I doubt x4's either their strength or their holding power? Was it just scaremongering? Is the lack of passive rating on the .3 and below worth avoiding?

If you were buying new cams in the BD .2-.5 range, (i.e Dragon 00 and below) where would your money go?
Post edited at 16:46
OP neuromancer 07 Jul 2015
In reply to humptydumpty:

Yes - I probably should have linked it but thought it might just be apocryphal enough!
 SenzuBean 07 Jul 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

> If you were buying new cams in the BD .2-.5 range, (i.e Dragon 00 and below) where would your money go?

Was wondering the same thing.

I've been thinking about the Fixe Alien Evos as they seem to complement Dragons the best (doubled slings, and you get 3 sizes smaller than the 00 dragon). However they're very new, and as much as I like the doubled sling - I heard that the only reason other manufacturers don't put doubled slings on wiregrips is that thin slings pull on the wiregrip in a funny way and make it break at a lower force. Possibly not an issue with the smaller cams, as they might pull out / break before the load required to do damage to the wiregrip happens. Secondly there seems to be a supply issue with the smallest unit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...