Tent floor reproofing - alternative to 'Tent Sure'?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Samuel J 22 May 2015
Hi,

I've just purchased an old used MSR Fury (grey version). It's overall in great nick but I've noticed there are a couple of patches of the floor where moisture is starting to permeate when pressure is applied. I'm going to get a footprint for it which I'm pretty sure will solve the problem 90% of the time, but I'd like to reproof the floor too just to make sure. I know it's a sign the tent is coming to the end of it's life and the real answer to my question is 'Bloody well buy a new tent!' but that's just not an option right now. The only product I can find that looks suitable for this is Mcnetts Tent Sure Floor Sealant, but I can't find any UK suppliers and resent buying from overseas where the price of postage will be more than the product itself! Anyone know of any alternatives? I can only find the likes of Fabsil and Nikwax which as far as I can tell are only DWR products that I doubt will help. Any advice?

Thanks.
 marsbar 22 May 2015
Samuel J 22 May 2015
In reply to marsbar:

Brilliant, thank you! And thanks for showing up my inadequacy when it comes to Googling... I had tried there first, honest!
 marsbar 22 May 2015
In reply to Samuel J:

Its a woman thing, shopping. *puts on helmet and hides*

Google shopping search instead of web search is the trick this time. I am the google queen!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...