PRODUCT NEWS: Waterproof Bivvying with Montane

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 16 Apr 2015
Minimus Sleeping Bag Features & Benefits, 3 kb

The Minimus Sleeping Bag is revolutionary in its fabrication.  A waterproof, super light and hyper breathable piece of equipment, it will redefine the limits of sleeping bag use.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=7027
 Sharp 17 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Interesting use of the word fabrication but it looks like a nice bag, if only there was a way to seperate the waterproof shell and the inner bag for drying purposes.
 pff 17 Apr 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Id like to see this system encorporated into other products, if this were available on jackets and trousers it could be a real game changer for Montane.
In reply to UKC Gear:

The idea of a waterproof down bag is great, protecting the down from external moisture. That's until you crawl inside, wearing damp clothing, wetting the down from inside. Never mind taking your boots inside, keeping them warm, stopping them from freezing.

I have seen Rab bags with waterproof hood linings, Macpac did similar with internal waterproof foot sections, why not make a bag with Pertex Shield inside and out?

The downside would be harder to expell air, stuff into stuffsack, weight, cost, sweaty in anything but freezing outside. Then again, you' be bivvying on some alpine route, warmth is what you want, possibly get by with lighter weight filling than standard for temperature rating?

Just a thought

Stuart
 Timmd 18 Apr 2015
In reply to Stuart the postie:
Your thoughts mirror mine.

Another solution could be to have a waterproof sleeping bag cover and a vapour barrier too, which might do the same things and be more adaptable.

Post edited at 21:02
 RoK 18 Apr 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Anyone have any experience of how Pertex Shield+ compares to regular Pertex Shield? The latter as far as I am concerned is as good as a plastic bag. Not used anything made from the former.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...