Toubkal trek. Any last minute advice?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Cooper 09 Apr 2015
Travelling to Imlil at the end of the month for 7 days in the Atlas. Will be trekking from Imlil towards Toubkal refuge. Has anybody got last minute advice on things to watch out for ? If you have any RELEVANT advice would be great to hear from you!

Thanks in advance
 Gael Force 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Matt300:

I got bed bugs in the top hut last year...
 rodw 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Matt300:
Hi just returned from the high atlas which included 2 nights in the Toubkal refuge. It will proberley be warmer when you go but when I was there the nights are cold, most people were sat around in down jackets eating there meals, also avoid sleeping close to the walls they are running with damp in the morning. There are limited showers and the water was running cold so I did not bother, I got a bit fed up with the Berber food fortunately I had some snacks ie dried fruit to feast on. This I guess sounds like a big winge but it isn't I am just telling as I found it. On the plus side the staff were very friendly and very accommodating and the location is fabulous. I found summit day harder than I thought it might be but I am of advanced years the views from the top are spectacular
Rod
 JJL 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Learn to love courgette
 Adam_Turner 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene!!
 Simon_87 17 Apr 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Hey Matt300,

I'm heading out on Monday to Marrakesh then on to Imlil and the Refuge Tuesday. Hired a guide to show me some of the lesser known peaks and then hopefully Toubkal on Thursday I think.

Give me a shout if you are up then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...