crampons for triglav, jalovec, razor and mangart in mid june?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
i'm going to be traversing the above peaks between 14-16 june. I'll have lightweight boots/shoes and wondered whether to take my steel kahtoola crampons or grivels. saving weight is a priority as I'll be carrying them for a long time afterwards and using in dolomites.

so will I get away with kahtoolas then?
 alasdair19 28 Mar 2015
In reply to Full moon addict:

I reckon carry what will work then post them to when you'll need them again. they're both eu countries so should work fine. treat yourself to a nice hotel for one night before the snowy section
matejn 29 Mar 2015

The way things look now, you might not need them at all. There was really little snow this winter and it might be gone by that time. However I would take the proper crampons on that particular traverse because it is a serious one. Take in consideration that water supply is also scarce.
KarinC 29 Mar 2015

Hi,

I've been to Triglav area twice in early June, one year went up Triglav in shorts and Tshirt, no problem without the gear, the other we couldn't get far because we didn't have crampons/ice axe with us and would have needed it, so just did some low level day walks. It really depends on the weather at the time. if you want to be on the safe side I'd say take the stuff or be prepared to be flexible with your goals.

Have a great time, I'd go there again any time!

Karin
redsonja 02 Apr 2015

Agree with Karin- take proper crampons etc just to be on the safe side, or you might find you are disappointed that you can't do the route you want. It sounds fab- the Julian alps are beautiful. Hope you have a good time. We are going there in sept for the 6th time!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...