Belay jacket where you don't have to take off your gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wout 13 Mar 2015
Hi,

My gloves dont go through the sleeves of my belayjacket and I've looked at several shops but I didn't found a jacket which is made for this. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
 aldo56 13 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

Rab Alpine Generator.
In reply to wout:

Rab Generator Alpine fits over my big gloves - but only just. It wouldn't fit over my big belay mitts. The only jacket I've had with proper wizards sleeves is the PHD Zeta or similar from PHD's other belay offerings.
In reply to aldo56:
> Rab Alpine Generator.

Not really. I can get it ON wearing my RAB Guide gloves but I absolutely cannot take it OFF again without removing them.
 alastairbegley 13 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

i can get my ME Fitzroy on and off over my ME Couloir gloves. (It does turn the sleeves inside out when removing the jacket though)
 aldo56 13 Mar 2015
In reply to The Ex-Engineer: I have the exact same gloves and jacket and have no problems. Maybe depends on hands size and jacket size?

mlt 13 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

Montane Bivvy jacket has nice wide cuffs, but you'll probably never find one as they're pretty old now!
 Siward 13 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

On my (lighweight) Rab photon I installed some zips on the cuffs because I couldn't even get it off over my hands! Silly skinny sleeves. But the zips have cured the problem completely- they are held closed when the jacket is on by the velcro tabs at the cuff.

The same principle should be adaptable for your issue?
 TobyA 13 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

No problem with my very old Patagonia DAS parka or the much newer Jottnar Fjorm, and that is going over reasonably bulky goretex guantlet gloves. I don't remember it being a big problem with my Rab Photon either, and that has slimmer sleaves than those other two.
 CharlieMack 13 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

+1 for Fitzroy. Never had problems getting on over gloves, a bit of a fiddle taking off, but not too much faff.
 Siward 13 Mar 2015
In reply to TobyA:

True, despite my recourse to sewing on the Photon, my old DAS Parka goes over anything.
 nniff 13 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

Let the sleeves turn inside out as you take it off? Works for me.....
 Billhook 14 Mar 2015
In reply to wout:

Don't be idle. Take your gloves off like most people do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...