Crampons - Product Recall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 16 Feb 2015
In reply to Scott_vzr:

Thanks for the heads up Scott. I better check the ones I got for review http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3300 ! Although I suspect the "12" in the code is the year of manufacture, so mine will be older than that.

Maybe UKC could add a "NEWS" tag to this thread to give it some more prominence?
In reply to Scott_vzr:

There seems to have been some confusion regarding this recall, as many CT crampons don't have a batch code/number stamp. We have been given official confirmation by Climbing Technology that if there's no batch code, then the crampons aren't affected by the recall.

simonx98 21 Feb 2015
In reply to The Climbers Shop:

Hi there,

I bought a pair of "Climbing Technology Nuptse Classic 12 Point Crampon" from you recently - order id 4004778.
I'm heading to the Cairngorms on Wednesday, planning to use them from Thursday.
Mind don't have a batch number, I appreciate that CT say this means they are not affected by the recall, but that is different from saying they are safe ....

.... have they confirmed that the bindings of all in-scope crampons WITHOUT a batch number are safe from this defect?

Thanks ... Simon.
 Dark-Cloud 22 Feb 2015
In reply to simonx98:
> Mind don't have a batch number, I appreciate that CT say this means they are not affected by the recall, but that is different from saying they are safe ....

> .... have they confirmed that the bindings of all in-scope crampons WITHOUT a batch number are safe from this defect?

What a strange deduction to make, if something is found to be unsafe by the manufacturer it generally gets a recall, other than that they will have passed all relevant tests so will be safe to use.

Has your car been confirmed "safe" that you are travelling to the Cairngorms in ?
Post edited at 14:14
simonx98 24 Feb 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
I made no deductions, quite the opposite.

Don't see it as strange question either - mine don't have a batch number whatsoever, so they cannot be tied down to any particular batch unfortunately, but the least they could do is confirm whether unmarked products can or cannot be affected by this defect.

My car has a registration number - and - a vehicle identification number - so a very, very different kettle of fish.

Anyway I'm going by train
Post edited at 11:54
In reply to simonx98:

The UK distributor have confirmed that unmarked bindings are not covered under the recall, so yours should be OK.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/recall-of-climbing-technology-crampons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...