Berghaus Arete Iii 45 Mountain Mens Rucksack.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kerny 22 Jan 2015

Just bought this Rucksack new of fleabay I thought that the price of £56 free postage was rather good for it's spec , anyone on here got one or used one ?

http://www.berghaus.com/mens-arete-45-mountain-rucksack/420959.html
Post edited at 16:36
 squirrel00 22 Jan 2015
In reply to kerny:

size and comfort is grand only problem when not full you cant compress due to the daisy chain loops
kerny 22 Jan 2015
In reply to squirrel00:

Thanks for your reply squirrel00, does that affect the protection of the contents from water ingress etc or is it just a minor irritant.
> size and comfort is grand only problem when not full you cant compress due to the daisy chain loops

squirrel00 23 Jan 2015
In reply to kerny:

for me its just a minor pain , there is a decent draw string inside the top cover for keeping things relatively dry , don't really notice it all that much as its normally full with rack and my kids kit , when its half empty its normally at the bottom of the crag ,for the price its a good bag
 origamib 24 Jan 2015
In reply to kerny:

Picked one up last year in a go outdoors sale for £45... It's a good bag. The lid is however really annoying.... You can fix it easily though by clipping the daisy chain on the lid to the daisy chain on the main bag with a carabiner.

Downsides? The slits in the belt loop don't allow your harness loops to go through if they are slanted... I would have preferred they just stitched on new loops! It goes rather narrow to the bottom, maybe too narrow? personal preference and being picky there really. Also I'm not sure why the waist strap has so many buckles? gets a bit fiddly... once again I'm being picky!

It's a really light bag, cant really go wrong with it
kerny 26 Jan 2015
In reply to kerny:

My rucksack arrived this morning, I see what both of you mean about the lid
but apart from that it appears be a half decent 45 litre rucksack although origamib only paying 45 quid was a better bargain than mine yer jammy person you.. I don't think that the lid will be a problem for me though as I always carry more than I should, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have as the saying goes.

Thanks for your input guys.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...