La Sportiva Katana and Miura VS sizing comparison

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climber_Bill 18 Dec 2014
Hi,

Santa needs to know what size La Sportiva Miura VS's a certain someone needs.

Currently the "certain someone" is wearing La Sportiva Katana size 6. I thought the Miura VS's would be the same sizing. Apparently not and they are supposed to be quite different sizing from what I have read so far.

Has anybody used both of these or can provide some more information.

The last pair of La Sportiva shoes I wore were the Kendos so I have no idea about current La Sportiva shoes, apart from the fact that Katanas smell really bad! Or could that be teenage feet....
 kingborris 18 Dec 2014
In reply to Richard White:

i wear the same size in both, but the miuras are definitely a little tighter than the katanas.
OP Climber_Bill 18 Dec 2014
In reply to kingborris:

That's great. Thanks for the info. I'll let Santa know.

Cheers.

Rich.
 ianstevens 18 Dec 2014
Just to provide you with a sample size greater than 1...

I also have both in the same size (40) and some lace-up Muiras the same size. I'd advise that you buy them by the euro size, as this is what they're made to, then UK sizes are applied using a conversion. I *think* that a UK 6 can be a 39 or a 40; two different shoes, same label.
Post edited at 13:02
 tehmarks 18 Dec 2014

I tried the lace-ups and velcros of both on last year while trying to find a shoe that didn't cripple me, and I'd agree that the sizing is pretty much the same, but they (obviously) fit a bit differently. Also, bizarrely, it's like Sportiva named them wrong when they released them - the Miura velcro is more like the Katana lace-up, and the Katana velcro is more like the Miura lace-up. Or something like that. I always thought that was really strange.
In reply to ianstevens:

Thanks, always useful to have sample sizes greater than 1. We want to make sure we are following proper scientific rigour.

Cheers.
In reply to tehmarks:

Good to know, thanks.
 sean1 19 Dec 2014

Hi,

I have been wearing Katana s, Muira s and Muira s VS for the past 8 years or so. The Muira Vs are a tighter fit than the Katana s as they don't stretch quite as much. All these shoes stretch so are quite uncomfortable at the start. I wear a 41 Katana. Both Muira s are 41.5. If you wear your Katana s tight, size should be approx 1 euro size different. Probably work on half a size and you can't go wrong.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...