Bike shop raid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Co1in H 09 Dec 2014
bikehaus in Gatley near Stockport www.wearebikehaus.co.uk was broken into, through the roof, last night the 8/9th December.
A number of high end racing cycles were stolen so if you are offered a Moda, Focus or Riley cycle at what seems a giveaway price please contact the police.
Also stolen were a couple of Sarah Storey's bikes with individual markings.
Thanks
OP Co1in H 03 Jan 2015
In reply to Co1in H:
Just to say thanks for all the messages of support and passing on the details to friend and groups around the country.
The bikes haven't been found and we don't expect they will be, but at least the insurance company has agreed to pay up. Not without some hassle I may say, but "the cheque is in the post" allegedly.
The shop is trading again with a very limited stock but the roof has been reinforced with steel mesh and there is CCTV inside as well as certain other precautions.

Rigid Raider 03 Jan 2015
In reply to Co1in H:

FWIW I was recently on a flight to Belgrade and when the Serb lad next to me saw that I was reading a bike magazine he began boasting about his pal in Novi Sad who mkaes a very good living selling bikes stolen from the UK and shipped out in containers. After a few minutes he sensed my strong disapproval and changed the subject.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...