Alps End to End

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'm planning a journey across the Alps from mid June to mid August in 2015. I've started a blog at http://alpsendtoend.blogspot.co.uk/. It will include lots of via ferrata and some bigger mountains if the weather permits. I'll have to move at a fair pace but if anyone is interested in joining me for bits of it, do get in touch.
 Prof. Outdoors 12 Oct 2014
In reply to Full moon addict:

Good luck with the project. Not sure if this means that you won't be there for the Sardinian Shepherd's 70th birthday celebration.
 alasdair19 13 Oct 2014

Looking forward to your blog.

My brother and I did the Alpine GR5 when pooor students carrying bivvy gear allway meant to go back and do it with less weight. Its a good route but it feel a little against the run of the land in places as you have 4 days or so up high then right down to a valley floor then back up. I'd be really interested to here how it compares with other parts of your route. There seems to be lots of Eastern alps I've never heard of.

What percentage will the GR5 be of your total? By the end we were doing the days walk in 4 or 5 hours i think you'll be running days together by that point to do the whole lot in 60 days or so.

Have a blast (and buy some poles if you havent allready!).

alasdair
In reply to alasdair19:

GR5 from les contamines will be just short of 2 weeks. I expect it to be the easiest terrain and most well travelled part of the trip. The rest of it is a cobbled together route with a lot of up and down, quite a lot of summits and difficult ground. I will take lightweight poles to prop me up.
altirando 14 Oct 2014

Knew someone a few years ago who had a similar plan, but a double trip to Austria and back. She started from Menton as of course she was doing a complete traverse not just the French GR6 bit that surely cannot be described as alps end to end.. She was following the ViaAlpina but found it was
little more than an idea for many sections - gave up eventually.

Great idea! Good luck and happy birthday for next year!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...