Where did you run at weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alasdair19 28 Sep 2014
I was feeling left put by other threads so...

was supposed to climb but couldn't so went running along Edale skyline and had a great time. lots of bots I didn't know well and some proper peat bogs which were great fun and not too wet. Legs have out a bit so didn't make it round but great day
 mbh 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

On Saturday I went from the Camel trail up onto Bodmin Moor, over Rough Tor and Brown Willy and back again, then yesterday I ran the coast path from Trevone on the north coast, around Stepper Point, almost to Padstow and back again, while my wife ran the other way to Trevose head and back.
 tony 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

I ran from Maudslie Bridge to New Lanark on Leg 4 of the Clyde Stride Ultra relay. Top day out with my team-mates, and with my club mates who were running the whole 40 miles.
 yorkshireman 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

I'm 3 weeks out from a flat marathon and aiming for a PB, so although I'm blessed with great mountains and trails on my doorstep, I stuck to the (relative) flat. A fast 10 miler around a lake on the PACA/Rhone-Alpes border (the flattest area within a 30 minute drive) and on Sunday a slow 20 miler consisting of down the valley from our house, to the main village and back 3 times. Time to taper now.

Boring, monotonous running but some beautiful autumn weather and the scenery backdrop was great. Can't wait to get back into the hills in a month's time though.
 steveriley 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

7 miles in the woods and about 1000'. Tired from a heavy-ish week and a bit light headed from not enough food. Dripping with sweat in late September, can't be bad. Stopped to read some of the stuff in the memory book hidden in a tree - goes back about 5 years and some lovely insights into the people passing by.
 chris bedford 29 Sep 2014
In reply to yorkshireman:

> I'm 3 weeks out from a flat marathon

Abingdon? See you there if it is (marshalling, not running, this year....).
 JuneBob 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

Up in the hills near Trondheim for a couple of hours, lovely evening after all the rain this weekend; saw a double rainbow over the city. The marshy bits were particularly soggy so quite a heavy run.
Best bit was that my hangover was gone at the end of it.
 yorkshireman 29 Sep 2014
In reply to chris bedford:

> Abingdon? See you there if it is (marshalling, not running, this year....).

Amsterdam. I hear Abingdon is a pretty fast course too though (I ran Oxford-Abingdon and back as a training run earlier in the year).
 Dauphin 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

Along Ladybower, up 'the beast' and over Win Hill. First hill run in years! very heavy, slow, more of a waddle really. Great weather, good company and I surprised myself that I could actually do it. Good start, something to work with, been off with inflammatory arthritis for a couple of years.

D
 thedatastream 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

Totally hardcore 4 miles on the roads around Holmfirth - tri course recce
Clauso 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

I "ran", for two days, through most of the bogs above Longsleddale, on the Rab Mountain Marathon. Great fun.
 The New NickB 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

A nice slow 11 miles on local trails and fell, Birtle, Deeply Vale and Knowl Hill.
 mountainbagger 29 Sep 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

20 miler over and around the North Downs (Reigate Hill, Box Hill), training for Beachy Head Marathon in 4 weeks. Trails very dry, so no bog hopping! Mostly off-road, but I noticed a usually busy road was closed to traffic for works so I took the opportunity to run right up the middle of it for a change (just under a mile of still very steep slogging but it linked me up nicely with another useful trail). Nobody was working so it was eerily quiet and strangely enjoyable...like I shouldn't have been there!
 Banned User 77 29 Sep 2014

good one.. yeah I'm getting sick of the flat work..

Saturday am, went to a local XC meet to recruit for our University team, so was over in PA so did a flat 16 out and back from Philly, warm but not humid so pretty good conditions running up and down a cycleway.

Sunday just a steady 12 on the roads and trails around our town, 2 weeks out time to start my taper..
fiendoidel 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

You lucky lot. Wish I had gone running - I spent a total of 6 hours on the sofa with my foot wrapped in ice hoping that whatever's wrong with my foot will cure itself by next weekend for the Cardiff Half.....

Feels like it might have worked, but not ready to test it yet - more ice tonight...
 Tony the Blade 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

I did my usual 10k in the New Forest.

It's great getting out there weekly and seeing the seasons unfold. This was the first week where I started to notice the long shadows as early evening drew in at 5pm. Beautiful weather yesterday as well.
JMGLondon 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

Just a fairly casual plod down the Regents canal and back trough the City. Great sunset from the Thames. Cold weather kit looks like it'll stay in the box for while yet - hardly dipping below 20 all week.
 steelbru 29 Sep 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

A not too bad parkrun on Saturday, then a knackering 22.5 miles in the Pentland Hills near Edinburgh yesterday. Trails as opposed to tops in the hills, but still 2000ft ( ok, not much by fell runners standards, but still knackered me ! ).

I'm doing a flat marathon in 4 weeks ( Frankfurt ), so not sure why I was doing a hilly trail run, other than just couldn't face another boring canal run, it's all good strength training
 Uluru 29 Sep 2014

I'm also doing Amsterdam. So did 21 miles around Bristol on Sunday, taking in the Downs, Leigh Woods, Pill Path. Fingers crossed the hills will help me in Amsterdam.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...