Where can you get good walking shoes for little kids??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davenev 14 Sep 2014
Hi all

Having recently moved to North Wales our little girl has fully embraced the walking and climbing on our doorstep. Trying to find decent walking shoes/boots for little kids (size 9/10 junior) is proving a little tricky so any ideas???

Nearly forgot they really need to be pink or purple!!!!

Cheers
Dave

In reply to davenev:

sportsdirect/field&trek?
OP davenev 14 Sep 2014
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

Do sportsdirect sell anything decent???
 Skol 14 Sep 2014
In reply to davenev:

If you take a trip to to Keswick, George fisher do a fitting service, and when you need a bigger size, they sell the old ones. Go outdoors are fine, and trail shoes are often more comfy than boots
 mark burley 14 Sep 2014
In reply to davenev:

What about sr cunninghams think they have a kids section and have a shop in betswy
In reply to davenev:

We've got a reasonable pair of size 12 you can have (think they're fairly generic Decathlon), but they're mainly green.....

Martin
In reply to davenev:

they have pink purple but sadly not the size you need

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-scarfell-junior-walking-boots-094026?c...

my karrimor are still going strong from 1993

Decathlon?
OP davenev 14 Sep 2014
In reply to mark burley:

Yep reckon its a trip to betws y coed. Just looked at cunninghams website and they don't seem to stock kids stuff. Should be able to advise though.
 sbc23 14 Sep 2014
In reply to davenev:

Sportsdirect sell kids karimor boots for 10-20quid. Normally on sale in the shops. We've had a few and they are great.

Steve
OP davenev 14 Sep 2014
In reply to maisie:

Cheers Martin

I'll start feeling guilty if I keep taking your kids outgrown stuff!!!

Rockboots were happily used today (with lots of socks!!)

Cheers
In reply to davenev:

Why on earth would you have guilt? We're desperately trying to unload it all
 Babika 15 Sep 2014
In reply to davenev:

Don't rule out Ebay

Kids feet grow so fast its quite easy to pick up a hardly used pair very cheaply
 flopsicle 06 Oct 2014
In reply to davenev:

My daughter has Timberland GTX but I bought a pair of these to grow into:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brasher-Chichon-Childrens-Walking-Boots/dp/B007I93Y...

They don't look 2.5 sizes up from her current ones so are a little small sized I think.

The timberland were these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timberland-Kids-Jiminy-Peak-Gore-Tex/dp/B004KISIYS

They've stood up perfectly despite her paddling - got her to the top of Ben Lomond and bog hopping the following day with dry feet. Admittedly I wouldn't pay that for them - ours were £1! But as they're purple and work I thought I'd pass on...
 GrahamD 06 Oct 2014
In reply to davenev:

The thing about adult style boots for kids is they are - relatively speaking - very inflexible and become very uncomfortable. Light weight and flexible is the way to go and if these aren't good enough for the conditions - she probably shouldn't be out in it !
 jethro kiernan 06 Oct 2014
In reply to davenev:

My kids have tried various boots and shoes and I think that walking trainers are the answer, they seem to find them more comforteble and lighter and young kids are less likely to sprain their ankles so dont tend to need the support of a boot, wet feet can be an issue some times, decathlon have some good stuff for kids.
 Brownie 07 Oct 2014
In reply to davenev:

Lilac any good?
I have bought stuff from this shop and they give good advice on/ can supply kids outdoor gear.
http://www.littleadventureshop.co.uk/collections/kids-walking-boots/product...
B
 Brownie 07 Oct 2014
In reply to davenev:

Sorry sizes too big, just buy purple laces for smaller pair.
 dmhigg 07 Oct 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

My daughter has been wearing children's Salomon running trainers quite successfully: reasonably pricey (£40) but long lasting and comfortable. They're fine for rocky Munros, less good for squelchy ones. She can run and climb in them and there are no laces.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...