Best photo editing software

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 daftdazza 21 Jul 2014
Hi,

just started getting into photography over last few months, not tried to edit my photos yet, but like to learn, which would be the best user friendly software for a beginner like myself.

cheers

Daryl
 Dan Arkle 21 Jul 2014
In reply to daftdazza:

there are plenty of free options, but Lightroom is the standard to beat. It is superb at editing and adjusting your images. As it is so popular, there are thousands of step by step tutorials showing you how to use it.
 eduardo 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

I've used lightroom for most of my editing, on a more-or-less daily basis since 2008.
It's great for quick edits of lots of photos, and it's quite rare that I need to use the more advanced features of photoshop.
I found there was a bit of a learning curve initially, compared to photoshop and other "edit one image at a time" software, partly because it's also a good photo library management system and insists that all photos you wish to edit are imported into its library system.
It's also pretty cheap for professional software.
 PPP 23 Jul 2014
In reply to daftdazza:

Adobe Lightroom for sure. Have been using for a half of a decade, it's user friendly enough (even if you are just starting) and good enough for business. I have been working as a photographer for some time and never regretted using Lightroom. Once you have presets and know some hotkeys, it's incredibly fast.

It is also very reliable and I have never got any problems. Some years ago I tried Google Picasa as a free version. Even though it is not even good, I tried to export about a hundred of photos and the computer I used was very slow, so it meant to take several hours. I went outside and when I came back, I learnt that the application crashed...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...