Outdoor trousers for tall birds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 omerta 12 Jul 2014
I'm 6'1 and need some outdoor trousers for walking / scrambling. Normal lengths are way too short and even a few of the apparently longer lengths don't really work. I normally take a 36 inch inside leg but could compromise on a 34" for outdoors. Does anyone know of any brand that would work?

Cheers
Dorq 12 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:

Rohan have some.
 girlymonkey 12 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:

Mine are always too long, I can send you the end sections if you want and you can add them on?!
 Skol 12 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:
Craghoppers 'kiwis'?
andymac 12 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:

You could try Montane Terras.

Know that men's come in short ,medium ,and long.

No one need never know.

What happens on the forum ,stays on the forum.
OP omerta 12 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:

Cheers folks.

Rohan don't fit me; I've tried them before and it's a strange cut.

Girlymonkey - too kind!

Skol - I'll take a look, cheers

Andymac - Good, er, tip.

Carolyn 13 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:

Paramo do different leg lengths on at least some of their women's kit. Although, again, the fit can be a bit strange!

George Fisher in Keswick had a small section of women's trousers in long leg length, because I ended up in that section by mistake - if you phoned them up, they'd probably tell you what they stocked. I think it was a TNF pair I was looking at, but there were maybe two or three brands. Needlesports stock some too, I think.
 UKH Forums 13 Jul 2014
This thread was started in the HILLTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html
 nufkin 13 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:

> I normally take a 36 inch inside leg but could compromise on a 34" for outdoors. Does anyone know of any brand that would work?

Blimey, you must have really long legs - I'm the same height as you and even 34" legs are getting a bit long.

Anyway, personal remarks aside, have you looked at the Rab range? They do different lengths in at least some of their women's stuff - the Helix might suit, for example:

http://rab.uk.com/products/womens-clothing/leg-wear/matrix-sws/womens-helix...

PPP 13 Jul 2014
In reply to andymac:

I'm pretty sure Montane Terras will be too short as my mate has 34" inside leg and wears long Terras.
 Becky E 13 Jul 2014
In reply to omerta:

These guys do made to measure trousers using Nikwax Analogy (same stuff as Paramo) http://www.cioch-direct.co.uk They may be a bit warm for summer use, but they've got great ventilation, so fine for spring and autumn use. Great even when it's not raining.
In reply to omerta:

Given the average height of Scandinavians and Dutch, I'd suggest looking to those markets for suitable trousers. Not familiar with any Dutch brands, but Haglofs, Norrona, Fjallraven, etc might do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...