Chile skiing advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'm thinking about a trip to Chile to go skiing this August. Does anybody have experience to advise ski resorts, accommodation, how to save momey?

Thanks
Removed User 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Bob_the_Builder:

Lucky!

I have a breakdown of the resorts that I made for a ski club last year if you want it. I travelled and worked as a ski guide for 6 years and know the ski areas quite well. It gives a general idea of the resorts in Chile and Argentina, places to stay and what to expect. PM me and I'll send it your way.

You might consider head to argentina ? - usually better value for money

These are some common sense stuff that'll help keep it cheap

-Learn some Spanish before you go - It opens a lot of doors
-if you're going for a short trip say less then a month avoid moving around a lot
-take the night bus to place so you don't have to pay for bed
-The International rule-> buy your food prior to going up to the ski resort
-Bring your ski touring gear. Buy tickets only when there's new snow at the resorts.
-Travel on the local bus not private transfers
-If your a student bring your ID for discounts
-Bank Machines-Find the one that gives the most cash. Otherwise you'll get hit with bank charges
-Bring a Tent and sleeping bag - Saved me bunch in Las Lenas for the first couple years when I was dirt bagging it.
-Sell your old/extra ski gear
-Find a group and buy as a group - You can get discounts if you organize things for others travelers that can't be asked
 mike123 29 Jun 2014
In reply to Removed UserOwenDay:

Could you mail that to me also please ? (Yhm)
 Morgan Woods 29 Jun 2014

powderhounds is a good resource:

http://www.powderhounds.com/SouthAmerica/Chile.aspx
Removed User 29 Jun 2014
Anyone else that is interested in a simple break of ski resorts in Chile and Argentina can pm and I'll send it to you as well.

Al Todd 07 Jul 2014

Scott Muir has a great section about skiing in Chile on his web site

http://www.scomuir.com/chile/

Thanks for the advice guys! I've gone from a general idea of skiing in Chile to a few specific destinations I'd like to visit.

Unfortunately the trip looks like it can't happen this year after all, but now I have another trip to take when I have the time/money.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...