Raveltik gladiator axes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EdH 11 Apr 2014
Has anyone used these this winter? Any reviews/ feedback? I remember seeing them a while ago, and they looked temptingly cheap, but it'd be nice to hear from anyone that's tried them in anger!

Cheers,
Ed
 stuart58 11 Apr 2014
In reply to EdH: not used gladiator axes but used the ones that looked liked qu arks
A bit heavy but good value for 35 quid each

peebles boy 12 Apr 2014
In reply to EdH:

Bought a pair end of last winter [assume you've seen them on SportsPursuit again as well!]

Only used them twice this winter unfortunately, most of my climbing has been lower grade and they would be overkill.
They seem ok tho- fairly technical bits of kit, they seem odd when I first picked them up but I guess I'm not used to such technical axes. Was worried they wouldn't swing properly because of the extreme angles involved, but actually in use they were fine.

Lower handle is quite solid rubber but grips well. I've added squash tape to upper handle.

For sixty quid I certainly can't fault them! If you're regularly climbing hard grades I guess you might notice the difference between them and a pair of Big Brand axes, but I guess your wallet would also notice a major difference more...

The Quark-like ones are outrageously good value for thirty quid each, Mrs Peebles got a pair and I'll be honest, I'm kicking myself for not getting some as well (tho they're not on sale at the moment)

Go on, buy them...!

Cheers,
Gordon
OP EdH 14 Apr 2014
In reply to EdH:

Thanks for the info! Yeah they're back on sportspursuit, unfortunately just noticed it's the version without an adze/hammer though so not ideal.
 Mr Trebus 14 Apr 2014
In reply to peebles boy:
> Only used them twice this winter unfortunately, most of my climbing has been lower grade and they would be overkill.
>>
> The Quark-like ones are outrageously good value for thirty quid each, Mrs Peebles got a pair and I'll be honest, I'm kicking myself for not getting some as well (tho they're not on sale at the moment)

I am in the same boat, only used them to their full capacity on the ice walls. My pal got a pair of the fly /quark clones (demons?) and they are great for the price. I kind of wish I had went for them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...