Outdoor first aid course - Peak/Dales area preferably

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
on a far off mountain 30 Mar 2014
I'm looking for a 16hr first aid course to re-validate my ML. I vaguely remember when I was last looking for a course that one of the mountain rescue teams run them in the Peak, is this still the case or has anyone got a provider they would particularly recommend? My last one was an ITC accredited course which I found very prescriptive and I wasn't particularly keen on it, though this might have been down to the individual provider. I'm tempted to steer clear of ITC courses after the last experience but any suggestions gratefully received!

tallsop 30 Mar 2014
In reply to on a far off mountain:

look up 'will4adventure' i did mine with Will last time, by far the best course ive ever done. Will is an excellent instructor, and a lovey bloke, I cant recommend him enough.

It is an ICT course, which suited me very well, you get tested all the way through which made it feel more laid back.
 butteredfrog 30 Mar 2014

Have a look at Mountain Sense, Keswick I know, but its not that much further than the dales.

Excellent and relevant course, run by the two Chris's (both, MRT); one of the best I have been on in years IMO.

Cheers Adam
 marsbar 30 Mar 2014

High peak first aid are great.
 annieman 30 Mar 2014

First Aid Academy.
Bingers 30 Mar 2014

Well I have just done one this weekend in the Bradford area, and my next one is 29th/30th April, see http://www.firstaidtrainingbradford.co.uk/First-Aid-Training-Dates for further details.

If you are looking nearer the Peak, I can also recommend Will4Adventure, Peak Mountaineering and Thornbridge Outdoors.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...