boot sizing (yet another ...)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dirtyfly 13 Mar 2014
sure you had plenty of these questions but searching the foruns I cant find an awnser to my problem.
I'm trying a winter boot with my usual winter socks at the end of the day and following all best practices. It has the usual 1 finger space on the heel when unfastened, if i tie it, no heel lift and the toes do not touch the front of the boot, it has around 1cm free spacebetween my toe and the end of the insole.
the question is if i kick in the wall should my toes touch the frontas they do ? if I go for a 1/2 larger size I get heel lift.
in an incline if its 70º downhill the toues touch the front.
 AdCo82 13 Mar 2014
In reply to dirtyfly:

It is a difficult one to answer really without seeing your foot in the boot and what the boot is.

Different lacing techniques and also maybe going up the half size but trying a volume reducer may help.

Ad
In reply to dirtyfly:

Personally, I wouldn't buy a boot that my foot moves to the front of. It is possible that you aren't tying your heel in properly, so perhaps differential lacing might help. Otherwise, I'd try a different boot/manufacturer.
 The Potato 13 Mar 2014
In reply to dirtyfly:

different manufacturers use different models for their last so try a different brand in the same size as you usually do.
m0unt41n 13 Mar 2014
In reply to dirtyfly:

You can try the Green Superfeet insoles or similar.
I have to have boots 2 sizes too large because my feet are so wide, I found that before using the insoles my toes would hit the front and I would get numbing pain. With the insoles it never happened again. Only advantage is that I have plenty of space to wriggle toes in mountaineering boots when really cold.
 kestrelspl 13 Mar 2014
In reply to m0unt41n:

Something that was pointed out to me recently when getting winter boots was to kick into a wall or step (check with the shop if this is ok) rather than the floor, as the level of force you put in is significantly different, and more realistic.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...