Where to donate old Ice axes and crampons?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gazlynn 06 Mar 2014

After a trip down to my mums I have 2 wooden Grivel Ice Axes and Crampons that my Grandad used to use.
For their age they look in decent nick but I am never going to use them and I am never going to hang them on the wall either. So I would like to donate them to an organisation or are these places inundated with old stuff and do I just chuck them?

Before people ask I don't want to give them to people who might use them as they are proper old.

cheers

Gaz
Post edited at 17:34
 Nigel Thomson 06 Mar 2014
In reply to Gazlynn:

I believe 'Only a Hill' who posts on here likes to cut about in tweeds and uses a wooden shafted axe as he reenacts the Victorian pioneers footsteps through the Scottish hills. He may be grateful for the axes if they meet his historical needs.
 crayefish 06 Mar 2014
In reply to Gazlynn:

Old wooden ice axes? Good stuff Hell, I might be interested in buying them; particularly if they are the old long handled ones! Just the sort of stuff I like to have on my walls.

You have a PM
In reply to Gazlynn:

depending on age you might want to get in touch with Maxine at the Mountain Heritage trust. They might be interested?

http://www.mountain-heritage.org/
 butteredfrog 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Gazlynn:

Why not? A wooden axe can be a very nice tool for walking with.
OP Gazlynn 07 Mar 2014
In reply to butteredfrog:

It's a bit heavy and too long for my liking. Plus I have a modern one that I like.

In reply to all:

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers

cheers

Gaz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...