Waterproof laptop cases

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 03 Mar 2014
Hi,

Happily, my company has conveniently moved quite a few miles closer to my home, bringing it within cycling range on reasonable roads (previously a bit far and requiring a motorway or horrific "A" road to get there)

So, I'm planning on riding in 2-3 days a week with minimum gear, but I will need to carry a laptop - no, I can't make arrangements to leave it at work.

I've got a rucksack to carry it in, but wanted some sort of waterproof (and, ideally, padded) sleeve to carry it in, on the off-chance I get caught in rain. I've got a couple of small dry bags, which will be fine for my phone and wallet, but aren't big enough for the laptop, which is 40x27cm, and my kayaking ones are huge, so I was thinking along the lines of a large map case and a couple of layers of Karrimat, unless anyone has any better suggestions?

I don't really want to go the panniers route at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
 AlisonSmiles 03 Mar 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I just bought a Gearmax Neoprene laptop case. Had to get it imported mind you but there didn't seem to be many waterproof options out there and like you, I have to commute with my macbook, which I can't leave at work either but then I don't really go in lightweight, a rucksack is involved. I'm planning to pop it (without laptop inside) under a tap this week to double check just how waterproof it is. I have doubts about the zip if I'm honest.
 AndyC 03 Mar 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I made a laptop pouch out of an old Karrimat and I put that inside a plastic bag, nothing fancy at all. Even in torrential rain I've never got any real moisture inside my rucksack, an OMM Classic 32. When I crashed last year I landed on my shoulder, the laptop survived with only a slight dent in one corner, quite a few holes in the rucksack though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...