UKC website and iOS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alooker 10 Feb 2014
Is anyone else having issues with UKC and Safari for iOS? Driving me nuts with constant crashes, doesn't happen with any other websites that I've visited so far
In reply to alooker:
> Is anyone else having issues with UKC and Safari for iOS? Driving me nuts with constant crashes, doesn't happen with any other websites that I've visited so far

What age of device are you using?

I use my iPad Air all the time and have no problems with UKC. I did with my older iPad 1 though but this crashed all the time in its later life on all sorts of sites and apps.

Alan
Post edited at 16:45
 Ridge 10 Feb 2014
In reply to alooker:
Just got an iPad air, and apart from a few issues getting the page width right, no problems with safari and UKC.
 LucaC 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Ridge:

It crashes all time time on my iPad air, but only the crag pages or anything with the interactive map.
 Ridge 10 Feb 2014
In reply to LJC:
Odd, can't get it to crash on the crags pages on mine.
 inboard 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Ridge:

No probs here either
OP alooker 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Sorry should have said, iPad 4 (lightning connector 1g) running 7.0.4

Had another play around, seems to be only the logbook pages/pages with the map on that I can get it to crash again for about 40% of page loads, roughly.

It's always worked fine for me before, I I've tried the usual restart/clear cache etc
In reply to alooker:

> Had another play around, seems to be only the logbook pages/pages with the map on that I can get it to crash again for about 40% of page loads, roughly.

Ok, slightly different than "constant crashes".

I'll have a look and see if we can repeat it.

Alan
OP alooker 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Let's settle on consistent rather than constant then?
 LucaC 10 Feb 2014
In reply to alooker:

The real offender for my iPad is the find a crag page - put a crag in, select from the list, and then when the new page opens it quite often crashes. 40% sounds about right.
OP alooker 10 Feb 2014
In reply to LJC:

Exactly, it loads a little and then closes to home screen. Crag pages have maps on, of course. I've just restored from a backup so we'll see if there are any problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...