Christmas Card Quandary

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 23 Dec 2013
For about the last thirty years I have have exchanged cards with a couple. In fact theirs was always the first card I received. They are in their eighties now and I still send them a card. However, for the last two Christmases I've not had one from them. We did move house two years ago and we had a card from them that Christmas so I know I sent them the new address.
I'm just a little but puzzled as I know they're both still alive through info from third parties.

Just wondering whether to write to them and ask if they're OK.

What would the wise of UKC do?
 The Potato 23 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

use ze telephone
OP FesteringSore 23 Dec 2013
In reply to owena:

> use ze telephone
I did think of that but they're both a bit Mutt & Jeff

argyle_dude 23 Dec 2013

Instead of posting your Christmas card, head to their address and take a s**t on the lawn. Then artfully prop the card up in the s**t . It should send a pretty clear message.
 csw 23 Dec 2013

Kill them with a flamethrower
 Choss 23 Dec 2013
In reply to csw:

> Kill them with a flamethrower

A tad Harsh! Argyle_dude's crap-card on the lawn should Suffice, this year.
Jim C 23 Dec 2013

> For about the last thirty years I have have exchanged cards with a couple. In fact theirs was always the first card I received. They are in their eighties now and I still send them a card. However, for the last two Christmases I've not had one from them. .....
> I'm just a little but puzzled as I know they're both still alive through info from third parties.

If they are anything like my mother ( who is younger,than them , and has just forgotten my daughter's 30 th birthday) they are possibly just getting old, and forgetful.

keep sending your card is my advice, and don't worry about reciprocation, as long as you know they are alive and well, that us the main thing.

( There is always the possibility, that their postie, is a lazy B, and us dumping their mail)

JamButty 23 Dec 2013

Are they far away? pop round, especially if you may be in the will!!

Yanis Nayu 23 Dec 2013

> What would the wise of UKC do?

How the f*ck would I know?
OP FesteringSore 23 Dec 2013
In reply to JamButty:

> Are they far away? pop round, especially if you may be in the will!!

About 250 miles away
 buzby 23 Dec 2013

could be they are just filtering you out, ive been doing this for years now and not sending any out apart from close family.
gradually my incoming cards are dwindling but there are a few persistent card senders.
my house is clutter free and im saving a load on stamps.

BAH HUMBUG !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...