sleepingbag ( ACONCAGUA )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
puppy 09 Sep 2003
any passed experience comments would be greatful with reguards to a trip for this coming summer season.
 ben b 09 Sep 2003
In reply to puppy: As well as all these threads it might be worth getting hold of a copy of R J Secors "Aconcagua: A Climbers Guide"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0898866693/qid=1063114389/sr=1-4/r...
puppy 09 Sep 2003
In reply to ben b: thanks ben the required equipment, routes and time scales ect. are not a problem.what im after is some practical advice on tried and tested equipment used in the passed.
 ben b 09 Sep 2003
In reply to puppy: righto. May be worth trawling round equivalent US sites, as Aconcagua very popular with US climbers.

BTW it's "past" not "passed" though!

Cheers

Ben
puppy 09 Sep 2003
In reply to ben b: thanks sben ill do that.
glacier-rat 09 Sep 2003
In reply to puppy:
I regulary use on aconcagua a mountain designs www.mountaindesigns.com.au serac series bag, rated to -20 celcius on 2 closed cell foam, full sized sleeping matts with a therma rest thrown in for comfort and extra insulation. generally get a lot of frost on the inside of the tent from camp 1 and up, just a matter of making sure you dry your bag out during the day when possible. this bag works well for me, im a cold sleeper..

dan
puppy 09 Sep 2003
In reply to glacier-rat: thanks dan im toying with the rab summit 800.I guess its a similar rating im just trying to keep size/weight down to a minimum without reducing my summit chances.
glacier-rat 09 Sep 2003
In reply to puppy:
Out of curiosity,
What boots you going to wear? and what route are you doing?

dan
puppy 09 Sep 2003
In reply to glacier-rat: olympus mons,mendocinian route.
Stephen Reid 09 Sep 2003
In reply to puppy: Quite a lot of useful info of this sort on http://www.andes.org.uk/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...