NEW ROUTE CARD: Three Drumochter Munros

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ben Alder hills and Loch Ericht from Beinn Udlamain, 3 kbA good non-taxing round of Drumochter's three best Munros, this route has quick easy access from the A9 and nicely fills a half day slot. Perhaps save it for an afternoon in transit, en route to or from greater things elsewhere. Though unremarkable in themselves the hills offer excellent open views - particularly over towards Ben Alder - and feel far more peaceful and less spoilt than you might think from the noisy verge of the A9.

10.64 miles, 17.13 km, 932m ascent, 5 – 7 hours. Newtonmore

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=596
 tony 12 Mar 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

I remember doing those ones in a white-out. I'd driven up from Cheltenham one Easter weekend and was determined to get up some hills, so I picked some that didn't pose too much of a navigational challenge in bad conditions. I did a bit extra, by parking at Balsporran (before the cottages were done up) and went up Geal Charn at the start before heading on to A'Mharconaich and the others. The downside of doing that route is that you end up at the A9 dome way from the start point, but I managed to time my walk to finish with someone who had a car at the big layby on the A9 and they very kindly gave me a lift back to Balsporran. Good day out.
Tim Chappell 12 Mar 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Hmm... nice route, thanks. And right now this would be a great ski... but isn't it a shame to leave out the two Corbetts right next to this round, The Boar and The Sow? (I think they're both Corbetts; certainly they both look worth walking.)
 Mark Bull 12 Mar 2013
In reply to Tim Chappell:

The Sow is a Corbett, but the Boar isn't. It would be easy to add them both in, though, if you don't mind some pathless heather bashing!
In reply to Tim Chappell: I'm sure they're easily added (well, not 'easily' as such - have you seen the steepness?) but to be frank I decided I'd rather look at them than climb them
 Doug 12 Mar 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: I've done this on ski a couple of times, usually starting & finishing at Balsporran and including Geal Carn as the first summit and getting back to Balsporran via the col between A'Mharconaich & the Boar of Badenoch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...